In a Canadian echo of the recent At-Home Gala out of The Metropolitan Opera, baroque oepra specialists Opera Atelier have announced Together/Apart, its virtual showcase of artists who have become audience favourites in the company’s 35-year history.
Scheduled for May 20th at 8pm ET, Opera Atelier’s Together/Apart will be an hour-long presentation of 14 singers, instrumentalists, and dancers from their home bases around the world:
- Douglas Williams, bass-baritone (Berlin)
- Mireille Lebel, mezzo-soprano (Vancouver)
- Xi Yi, Artist of Atelier Ballet (Toronto)
- Wallis Giunta, mezzo-soprano (Leeds)
- Meghan Lindsay, soprano (Québec)
- Allyson McHardy, mezzo-soprano (Toronto)
- Juri Hiraoka, Artist of Atelier Ballet (Toronto)
- Melody Louledjian, soprano (Marseilles)
- Laird Mackintosh, baritone (New York)
- Measha Brueggergosman, soprano (Nova Scotia)
- Edwin Huizinga, violinist/composer (California)
- Angela Hewitt, pianist (London)
- Colin Ainsworth, tenor (Toronto)
- Karine White, soprano (Toronto)
The showcase will be hosted by Opera Atelier Co-Artistic Directors Marshall Pynkoski and Jeannette Lajeunesse-Zingg from their Toronto living room. Plus, viewers might catch a special guest appearance by Toronto Mayor John Tory (!).
Together/Apart streams live from Opera Atelier’s website on May 20, starting at 8pm ET.